Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Kindly and Gently

I am the mother of the two most interesting, amazing people that I have ever met in my life. They are 10 years and 7 months old and positively adore one another. My big girl loves to play with her little sister, carry her around, do her hair, all the fun stuff. My baby girl lights up when her big sister walks in the room and leans over for her to take her from Mama’s boring old arms. She plays with me all day – I’m old news when Sissy gets home.
But sometimes Sissy plays too rough. Sometimes baby girl pinches or pulls and doesn’t know what she’s doing. They both need a reminder – “Are you treating your sister Kindly and Gently?”
How often, as adults, do we need that gently reminder? Are we treating those we love Kindly and Gently? Do we get wrapped up in life and our needs and play too rough? Do we forget that sometimes, just a hug will do?

No comments:

Post a Comment