Sunday, May 19, 2013

Ron Finley, Geurilla Gardner

THIS! Everything about this. It’s only 11 minutes long but I swear it’s life changing. Ron Finley is my new real food/gardening idol. First it was Sally Fallon Morrel but then she came out with her insane children’s nutrition book and ridiculous ideas about who should and should not breastfeed.
Then it was Joel Salatin. Still kinda is but his insistence on only hiring people that look “All American” kinda hurts my feelings. I’m not “All American looking Joel, but I am awesome. Who am I kidding Joel, I can’t stay mad at you. Everything I want to do is illegal too.
So now we’re onto Mr. Ron Finley. Gardening Gangster in South Central LA. Or, excuse me, South LA.
“Food is the problem and the solution”
http://www.ted.com/talks/ron_finley_a_guerilla_gardener_in_south_central_la.html

No comments:

Post a Comment