Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Damage!

Remember how I said nature was attacking?

Shit just got real.

A storm blew through last night and took out our fence, a portion of our deck and came through the window where I was laying with Little. 
I probably don't need to say it but it was effing terrifying. 
We're in the process of figuring out our next step, unfortunately it's not pretty.
As you can see in the bottom picture, one particularly spiteful branch fell to the side and knocked out my beautiful plants. I think the cucumber plant is going to make it, I don't know about the others.

As the tree was on town property, we called them to let them know and see what they would do. Unfortunately, they came by unannounced and saw our illegal chickens.They didn't say anything so we're just waiting to see what happens.

I'm the type of person that finds humor and joy in everything. Otherwise, I'd rip my hair out and scream at people and my head would explode and that wouldn't be fun for anyone.
It's kind of hard to do right now.

1 comment:

  1. The pictures do not do justice to the devestation. And yet, my baby and grandbaby don't have a scratch on them. I know this is a totally annoying, frightening and possibly expensive event, but I can't help but celebrate and thank God. I can always buy them another window, another cucumber plant or even another deck.

    ReplyDelete