Wednesday, August 3, 2016

July Ipsy Bag Review


I debated about posting about makeup. 
Your blog is supposed to be about gardening and hippie shit, Yvonne. Not makeup.
Then I remembered it was my blog and I do what I want.  
So here's my July Ipsy Bag. Forgive the crappy picture, I was wrestling all the shiny things away from little hands. 
July's bag comes in a shiny iridescent bag with a pattern of beach umbrellas. 
Included (from top, clockwise):

Ofra Cosmetics lip liner in Maya
Thrive Causemetics Infinity Waterproof Eyeliner in Lauren (matte black)
Luxie Beauty Luxie Rose Gold Small Angle Eye Brush
Too Faced Hangover Replenish Face Primer
Briogeo Curl Charisma Rice Amino + Quinoa Frizz Control Gel

So what did I think of all these things?? Well, honestly, Ipsy has been banging it out of the park for me the last few months. It's been all sheet masks and marine cream over here and I've been so happy. This month was just "Meh". 
Ofra Cosmetics Lip Liner - I like the color. It's a brick red that will likely go well with a few lippies I wear already. I was going to try it with my NYX Liquid Lingerie in Exotic at work the other day and got in the office and realized I'd left the lippie in the car and only had the liner in my pocket (GASP). It was hot and we were busy so I just used the liner and some gloss and it looked fantastic. However, the liner itself is a little dry and didn't go on as smoothly as I would like. I would likely not buy.
Thrive Causemetics Eyeliner -  OMG yall. I'm in love. This eyeliner goes on so smooth. So incredibly smooth. There's a bit of a learning curve involved though, because it goes on so smoothly. One light swipe and you're good. The end includes a sharpener and a smudger to give a smoky look. I will most definitely buy this when it runs out. 
Luxie Beauty Angled Brush - Well, it's a brush. It brushes. I've used it to stamp wings and it does that mildly ok. It's very soft though so it's not even super at that.
Shrugs. Just another for my arsenal.
Too Faced Hangover Replenish Face Primer - This stuff is amazing. I was not sold on the usefulness of primer at all until using this. I'm not exactly sure what magic it infuses into my skin but that beat GLOWS when I put this on first. If nothing else in this bag is useful, I'm so happy I got this. I used the last little bit from my bag today and a tube is already bought and purchased and on it's way.
  Brigio Curl Charisma - Ipsy had been doing well with the hair products. I'd gone two months without any. But here we are again. I'll give it to someone who can use it because I sure won't. My locs have tons of charisma, but thanks though. 

Final rating of this month's bag? C+
I love the eyeliner and the primer but everything else was a wash. 

What did you get? How did you feel about this month's bag?

9 comments:

  1. I love the too faced primer. I like the brigio curl stuff too. Send me yours and I will give you shipping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you find that it works well with curly hair? I might give it to my oldest.

      Delete
  2. Thank you! now I want to try the primer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you have Ipsy there's a code for free shipping and 20% off!

      Delete
  3. Thank you! now I want to try the primer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great detailed review, I'm going to try that primer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that primer ! I thought it made a huge difference.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It should be in the mail tomorrow. I just squeezed the last drop out this morning!

      Delete