Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Weekly Garden Update 8/10/16

Update time!!
We have, as of yesterday, caught FOUR groundhogs trying to make a meal of my garden. Sorry you adorable little garden munchers. I didn't start seeds and set alarms to remember to water and build beds and haul dirt so you could eat my maters. 
Since we got the trap from a friend everything is coming in so much better!
Before we had the trap they ate all of my cucumber plants, much of my zucchini plants, and would nibble all of the tomatoes the moment they're start to maybe kinda sorta look ripe. 
I've yet to eat a single (good) tomato out of my garden. 
BUT.
BUT.
BUUUUTTTTT!!
Look at all them little flowers. All a dem little flowers are eventually going to be tomatoes and I'm going to be one of those people with tomatoes falling out of my ears. I can't wait. 
The word to describe this week's garden update is SOON. 
A few tomato plants have been pulled as they'd taken on too much damage. Remaining ones all have flowers and are setting fruit. 
Pepper plants are setting flowers and fruit.
Cucumber bed has been replanted with an early variety
Fall/Spring bed has been weeded and turned and will be seeded with cabbages, brussel sprouts, kale and a bean plants to replace the ones that were eaten.
Drying beans are rebounding well. Fresh bean plants were all destroyed by the groundhog.


ok. i ate this one but had regrets. It wasn't ripe :(

There were 6 plants here but they ate them all

I was all OOOO EXCITING IS THIS WILD CARROT??!!
nah. it's ragweed. Bye boo, bye

This bed was full of cucumbers. It's been replanted with an early variety.

No comments:

Post a Comment